- Our County
- Veterans Service Office
- Transportation Assistance
Office Location: 206 Court Street, Chilton, WI 53014
Phone: (920) 849-1452 Fax: (920) 849-1635
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday
Closed weekends and on County holidays
The Calumet County Veteran Service Office (CVSO) partnered with the Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC) to offer Veterans transportation to medical appointments. This service is provided to help people remain in their community by providing access to safe and reliable transportation to their VA and VA Community Care appointments.
The CVSO will cover 50% of the cost of the ride for the Veteran. Some Veterans may be eligible to be covered 100% of the transportation cost, dependent on the Veterans financial need.
- Veterans 60 years of age, or
- Veterans with a disability.
- 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Monday through Friday to schedule a ride.
Note: Please give 24 hours’ notice for all ride requests.
- Veterans Service Office to determine eligibility.
Van Ambulatory & Volunteer
- $2.00 each way within a community.
- $4.00 each way out of a community.
- $10.00 each way out the county.
- Trips less than 80 miles are billed a flat rate of $20.00. For trips over 80 miles the rate is $20.00 for the first 50 miles and start on the 51st mile the rate is $0.28 per mile.
Van Wheel Chair Transportation
- $15.00 based on all trips.
- $0.80 per loaded mile + base rate.
- Trips less than 5 loaded miles-base rate only.
- Trips more than 100 loaded miles $0.75 per loaded mile + base rate.
Interested in being a Volunteer Driver?
Volunteers donate their time, use their own vehicle and are reimbursed mileage at the federal rate and expenses (parking fees & lunch, if applicable) to provide local and long distance medical transportation. If a transport request is less than 10 miles, a flat fee of 10 times the federal mileage reimbursement rate is given at the time.