Private Well Testing Day
Why Participate in Calumet County Private Well Testing Day?
A private well should be sampled annually for bacteria at a minimum. This event provides the annual opportunity (and reminder) to "check up" on your homes drinking water supply. Benefits of participating include bottle pick up & drop off convenience, reduced pricing for group testing participants and an education night held about 5 weeks after the event. The education night is an opportunity to learn how to read your results, as well as how to resolve any problems with your water, including plumbing, proper well maintenance and at home-practices to improve your drinking water.
- Homeowner’s Package: $55
- Includes: coliform bacteria, nitrates, pH, alkalinity, hardness, chlorides, conductivity, and corrosivity index
- Metals Package: $52
- Includes: arsenic, calcium, copper, iron, lead, magnesium, manganese, potassium, sodium, sulfate, and zinc
- DACT Screen: $33
- For Atrazine pesticides (only recommended if nitrates are high)
- Group Testing Package: $132
- All 3 above: homeowner’s package, metals package, and DACT
2020 Group Testing Program
Registration is open NOW through April 6! Kits may be limited so register early to ensure you get your kit. Register ONLINE!
This year’s program targets the towns of Stockbridge and Charlestown, but it is open to ALL private wells located in Calumet County. Town of Chilton wells should register using the link for Town of Chilton.
- April 20 - Testing Day! Return bottles to the following locations
- 9:00am - 4:30pm - Calumet County Courthouse room 227
- 6:00pm - 8:00pm -
- Charlestown Town Hall (N3685 County T)
- Stockbridge Community Hall (175 S Military Rd)
- Chilton Town Hall (N4569 County BB)
- April 14-16 - Pick up test kits at one of the following locations and times
- Tuesday, April 14 at Charlestown Town Hall from 6:00pm - 8:00pm
- Wednesday, April 15 at Stockbridge Community Hall, 6:00pm - 8:00pm
- Thursday, April 16 at Chilton Town Hall from 6:00pm - 8:00pm
- DAYTIME PICKUP: April 16 at Courthouse Rm 227 from 9:00am-4:30pm
If you would like participate in future Private Well Testing Days, place yourself on an annual mailing list. A mailing will go out 6 weeks prior to the testing date. Registration is required.
2019 Group Testing Results
The 2019 Groundwater Report is now available. The report highlights the results and analysis of the 2019 Group Testing Program and provides an update on overall groundwater quality in Calumet County. Calumet County Groundwater Report June 2019 (PDF)
For access to the presentation given at the Educational Program on April 30th, please follow the link: K. Masarik April 2019 (PDF)
Summary of Results (PDF) - Provides a breakdown of all parameters analyzed from 191 well test.
2018 Group Testing Results - May 7
Other Parameters Tested: Calcium, Copper, Iron, Potassium, Magnesium, Manganese, Sodium, Lead, Sulfate, Zinc, pH, Conductivity, Alkalinity, Total Hardness, Chloride, Diaminochlorotriazine (DACT)
2017 Group Testing Results - March 27; June 5 (Chilton)
2016 Group Testing Results - June 5