- Our County
- Operations and Communications
Operations and Communications
As part of the Department of Administration, this division is responsible for the business systems, communications, project management, publishing, and records management needs of the county.
- Seeks out the best ways to improve processes and increase effectiveness through technology, strategy, and analytic solutions.
- Collaborates with department heads, other business stakeholders, and subject matter experts to understand, collect, and analyze business needs and requirements.
- Actively work to bridge the gap among departments for improved technical efficiency, productivity, and system investments.
- Leads the development and communication of strategic programs, projects, and general information to build and sustain a strong sense of shared purpose, clarity, engagement, and enthusiasm across Calumet County.
- Serves as the Public Information Office for the County.
- Oversees and manages county communications, public and media relations, website design and content, social media platforms, branding, and graphic design efforts.
- Teams with other departments on large-scale projects and new initiatives.
Publishing and Records Management
- Performs printing, copying, bindery, and finishing services for all departments.
- Provides technical support for desktop publishing and county website.
- Oversees records management services.
- Coordinates the purchasing of county-wide office equipment and furniture, paper-related supplies, and special printing requests.
- Some of these services are provided to municipalities, tax‐funded, and governmental affiliated associations.