Contact Tracing Follow-up Information
Due to an increase in cases of COVID-19, testing sites are busy and Calumet County Public Health is now using a prioritized model of contact tracing.
- Area testing sites are busy and most appointments are booking out a few days. If you have been exposed to someone diagnosed with COVID-19, and you are now experiencing symptoms, you should assume that you may be COVID-19 positive. Isolate until you are able to be tested AND receive your test result. Area Testing Locations
- Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus.
- If someone is showing any of the following signs, seek emergency medical care immediately:
- Trouble breathing
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion
- Inability to wake or stay awake
- Pale, gray, or blue-colored skin, lips, or nail beds, depending on skin tone
- Call your medical provider for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning to you.
- If you were tested for COVID-19 and are waiting for your test results, follow these steps.
- If you test positive for COVID-19:
- Stay home and isolate for a minimum of 10 days after symptom onset. If you did not have symptoms and tested positive, remain isolated for 10 days from the date you were tested. Detailed Instructions
- Notify your employer and/or your child(ren)’s school.
- Notify your close contacts and ask them to quarantine for up to 14 days from the last day of contact with you. Detailed Instructions
For more information about COVID-19, visit the Calumet County Public Health COVID-19 home page.
Contact Tracing Information for Residents
- Diagnosed with COVID-19 (English)
- Diagnosed with COVID-19 (Spanish)
- Next Steps for Notifying Close Contacts (English)
- Next Steps for Notifying Close Contacts (Spanish)
- Close Contacts (English)
- Close Contacts (Spanish)
- Cleaning and Disinfecting (English)
- Cleaning and Disinfecting (Spanish)
- Negative Test Results (English)
- Negative Test Results (Spanish)
- How to avoid exposure while living with someone diagnosed with COVID (English)
- How to avoid exposure while living with someone diagnosed with COVID (Spanish)
- Next steps while awaiting test results - English
- Next steps while awaiting test results - Spanish
- Next Steps for college students diagnosed with COVID-19 (English)
- Pregnancy and Postpartum during COVID-19 (English)
- Pregnancy and Postpartum during COVID-19 (Spanish)